JOB/POSITION TITLE: Development Officer, Corporate and Special Events
Reports to: Senior Director of Development
Status & Classification: Full Time / Exempt
Send Resume: Rod Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Development Officer role is a great opportunity to work with a strong organization and work closely with the Make-A-Wish team, local leadership and a dedicated group of volunteers to increase the reach and impact of Make-A-Wish Mississippi. The Development Officer will manage and expand special event programs along with securing new and retaining existing corporate partnerships that build and strengthen relationships for the Chapter. Increasing corporate, individual, volunteer and other community involvement will ensure sustainability of the Chapter and fulfillment of the Make-A-Wish mission.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Three to five years of relevant experience in fundraising, corporate development, special event management, and/or sales experience is preferred.
- Strong understanding of fundraising, communication, social media and marketing principals.
- Ability to relate positively to other people and to communicate effectively and clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Self-starter, initiative-taker, highly organized and detailed-oriented with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively mange time and work priorities and multi-task.
- Professional and polished image with a comfort in dealing with all levels of donors and volunteers.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and aptitude to meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Raisers Edge knowledge a plus.
- Ability to travel across Chapter territory required. Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.