JOB/POSITION TITLE: Development Director of Corporate Relations
Reports to: Senior Director of Development
Status & Classification: Full Time / Exempt
Send Resume: Rod Henderson at email@example.com
The Development Director of Corporate Relations is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to advance the programs of Make-A-Wish Mississippi by increasing revenue from corporate partners throughout the region. The position is responsible for identifying, cultivating, executing and stewarding long-term corporate relationships. The Development Director position will be accountable for managing multiple partnerships, tracking revenue success and working with company contacts to plan campaigns and events. Preferred candidates will demonstrate an ability to negotiate and close successful partnerships, have strong fundraising expertise, have skill to clearly communicate the Make-A-Wish story and possess a strong commitment to the mission, vision and values of Make-A-Wish Mississippi.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a portfolio of corporate philanthropic partnerships benefiting Make-A-Wish Mississippi, to include national and local corporate affiliates.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet face-to-face with potential fundraising partners, corporate partners, workplace giving partners, and other constituency groups to present our mission and to guide them in the development and execution of fundraising initiatives and provide varying levels of support.
- Lead, promote and manage assigned events and campaigns to ensure the initiative is strategic and provides an excellent ROI for our Chapter. Develop revenue strategies to achieve stated goals, specifically by working to secure and coordinate corporate sponsorships for events.
- Oversee corporate sponsorship activities, with focus on event sponsorship, by creating sponsorship packages, developing marketing components, soliciting sponsors, and generating contractual agreements. Serve as the liaison between the special events team and the corporate sponsors as needed. Work collaboratively with the Communications Director to produce materials as needed.
- Work closely with key development staff on all forms of donor stewardship. Assist as needed with developing and maintaining recognition and stewardship programs for corporate donors.
- Assist other staff, particularly the program team, with in-kind solicitations for wishes and other events as needed.
- Utilize volunteers and board leaders to build relationships and solicit and steward gifts.
- Manage a portfolio of 100-150 prospects and donors, each with a stewardship plan.
- Oversee ongoing research on new corporate prospects.
- Oversee acknowledgements of event donors, corporate partners, and appropriate portfolio donors.
- Assist in the creating and implementing the strategic fundraising plan and revenue budgets.
- Ensure that donor records in RE database are current and maintained to preserve the integrity of database.
- Adhere to all Make-A-Wish America performance standards and Make-A-Wish Mississippi internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Provide regular updates of events and campaigns to Senior Director of Development.
- Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Three to five years of relevant experience in fundraising, corporate development, special event management, and/or sales experience is preferred.
- Basic understanding of fundraising, communication and marketing principals.
- Ability to relate positively to other people and to communicate effectively and clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Comfort working independently and as a team.
- Ability to fully contribute to a collaborative team-oriented, proactive, fast-paced organization.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and aptitude to meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Raisers Edge knowledge a plus.
- Ability to handle a variety of duties and prioritize tasks.