Donor Relations Manager
President and CEO
September 8, 2020
The donor relations manager will oversee and manage the stewardship program of the chapter by focusing on constituent relationship management. It will also focus on support of the CEO and Board of Directors.
Executive Administrative Responsibilities
- Manages donor stewardship program, including preparing and sending donor recognition materials and press releases as needed.
- Manages and maintains daily operation of CRM database.
- Serves as the Development Teams point person for guest stewardship for events, including RSVPs, registration and general support as needed.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a portfolio of donor relationships benefitting Make-A-Wish Mississippi, including Chi Omega Fraternity (Mississippi State University and Millsaps College) and DII Athletic Programs (Delta State University and Mississippi College).
- Supervising the grant writing process including identifying and researching prospective foundations, writing grant applications, stewarding grant donors, maintaining the grant calendar and working with third party grant writers (as needed).
- Oversees mailouts and direct mail program.
- Builds and maintains relationships with volunteers in order to engage them in thank a thons and letter writing initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provides support for CEO and board of directors through emails, data collecting, providing monthly reports, etc.
- Builds relationships with peers with other chapters to gain best practices
- Provides back up to finance staff
- Reviews schedules to ensure staff are holding appropriate number of meetings each week, keeping “sales” sheets/number of new asks, go to on volunteer needs, review and adhere to national recommendations for chapter priorities Example: Benchmarks
- Manage social media calendar and content
- Other duties as assigned
BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce preferred or other database management; capable of learning new programs
- Demonstrated ability in clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented to prioritize work and meet deadlines with effective decision-making skills
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively and build relationships with diverse constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, wish children and their families, vendors and other supporters – moving from transactional to transformational
- Mission-focused with a passion to make a difference
- Commitment to continual improvement, growth-mindset
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with a high level of trust and confidentiality
- Team player who is positive, proactive, open with information and supportive
- Adaptable and able to respond to rapidly changing situations and deploy crisis communications
- Limited travel will be required to facilitate wish experiences, interface with referral sources, support events
Note: Make-A-Wish Mississippi reserves the right to amend this job description as operational needs dictate.